The Piva Monastery is considered to be one of the most significant ortodox monasteries in Montenegro!
The Piva Monastery used to be at the source of the Piva River, but due to submersion and construction of hydro power plant it was relocated to Sinjac, which was a unique construction project of monastery displacement altogether with original frescoes. The project was very complex bearing in mind the fact that it is a monumental temple which was painted inside with 1.260 square meters of wall paintings of great value. The Assumption Church was built thanks to the then Metropolitan Savatije Sokolovic from 1573 to1586 at the place of an older temple. Soon it became one of the most important centers of the spiritual arts and copying services.
The interior is full with gilded iconostasis and woodcuts dating from 1638. It is characterized by proportionality, the luxury of carving, impressively painted icons of Longin and kir Cosmas. The church has decorative furniture of Notre Dame, Bishop's desk and doors, made of ivory.
The monastery treasury is one of the richest in Montenegro and it consists of valuable collections of the manuscripts and early printed books in the Balkans (the only preserved Psalter from Obod Printing).
It is certain that the monastery in Zagrađe was endowment of Stefan Vukcic Kosaca, and that in the XV century it was built just below of one of his places. Along the north wall of the church, in soleja, the tomb was excavated over which once stood tombstone slemenjak. It is not known whether the Herceg was buried there, as he died in the Nova, his summer residence, in the 1466. Church in Zagrađe is one the most beautiful and the largest buildings built by a member of the aristocratic house Kosaca.
This is one of the oldest temples in Piva. It is believed that was built 200 years before the construction of Piva monastery. It was built in the Raska style. According to legend, in this church is taken clothes and a bell during the consecration Piva monastery.
It was built in 1889, after the Herzegovina uprising and liberation from the Turks Piva. Repairs on the outer and inner facade of the church were made in 1989.
It was built in 1902, during the famous brewers Duke Lazar Sočice. Directly in front of and on the west side of the church are monuments to the Duke and his son.
Church of the Raska style, and was built in 1904. Residents of the village in 1960 performed the necessary repairs.
It was built in 1881 and consecrated in 1882, on St. Peter's. It was built in the Mediterranean style. This religious building has suffered various damages during the First and Second World War, and then the earthquake, which occurred in Montenegro in 1979. The church was rebuilt in 1993 and 1994 and was consecrated as a whole received its original appearance.
It was built in 1928. The villagers rebuilt the church in 1989, when they carried out the necessary work on internal and external walls.
It was built in 1911, as evidenced by the inscription above the door of the temple. Restoration of the church was carried out in 1962.
It was built in the Raska stilu.Nema pouzanih data when it is raised, it is believed to date back to the 18th century.
It was built in 1884. It was restored in 1982.
It was built in 1899. Its renovation was done in 1967.
It was built after the Herzegovinian rebellion (from 1875 to 1878). Residents of the village in 1960 to replace a wooden konstruciju the church and the cover sheet, and in 1982 underwent substantial restoration.
It was built in 1884. It was a long time in ruins after the Second World War, especially after the 1979 earthquake, after which it was rebuilt.
The church was built the inhabitants of this village in 1907. The church was renovated twice, the first time since the Second World War from 1945 to 1946, then 1985 and 1986.
Church in the village Seljane dedicated to St. John the Baptist, who is also the patron of the glory of the majority clans in the village (Blečići, Vukosavljevici, Sekulović). In the annex building of the church gave all the fraternity of the village: Blečići, Sekulović Vukosavljevici, Živkovići, Lučići, Tufegdžića. The decision to build the church was made 11.09.1999. years. Her foundation in 1999 consecrated Bishop Budimljansko Lord Joanikije, a fresco painted Miloš Janićijević- Raska. The church was consecrated by His Eminence Metropolitan of Montenegro and high coastal Mr. Amfilohije and Bishop of Budim and Niksic Mr. Joanikije 14.07.2001. years.